Provides online therapy
Call for availability
I have training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and can assist couples with the following:
• Learning how previous emotional injuries have impacted your partner and how they have coped
• Learning how to talk about unresolved problems and discover underlying issues
• Learning to find areas of commonality and temporary compromises
• Learning to work through old pains and move forward
• Learning how to talk about things that matter by having stress reducing conversations
• Learning to deal with affairs and trauma
• Learning to deal with addiction recovery
I offer individual and couples therapy and have a special interest in working with clients over the age of fifty. Couples over fifty are one of the groups experiencing the highest rates of divorce. Specific issues where one or both partners are over fifty include:
• Becoming Empty Nesters
• Differing expectations about retirement
• Money Issues
• Health and Sexual Issues
• Disenfranchised Grief and Ambiguous Loss
• Dating after 50
I hold a post-graduate Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy from the University of Calgary.
I am a Registered Social Worker and hold a master’s degree in Social Work from the University of British Columbia.
I have fifteen years of experience providing mental health counselling to individuals and families. I offer screening for mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, dementia and hoarding disorder and cognitive behavior therapy. I provide consultation to families on how to care for their loved one with dementia and navigate the health care system.