8am-8pm, 7 days a week
How do we know when therapy works? When our lives feel more balanced, connections intensify, and we feel heard, understood, and supported by our partner. Based on my own experience I have realized that both couples and individuals can greatly benefit from counseling and therapy, no matter the issue or situation. Often, we use trial and error and "give it our best" to make changes and improvements, just to realize that we at times feel frustrated, stuck or helpless.
That's why I love the Gottman method: it looks at your strengths and sheds a light on areas that need improving, then teaches and guides how to change and evolve individually and together. Some of the things we can work on are:
- Find out what your needs are how to have them met
- Explore how to grow closer to your partner
- Prevent feeling overwhelmed and situations from escalating
- Learn how to communicate gently and effectively
- Discover how you can both support each other in a loving and caring way
- Create and maintain a trusting and safe environment
- Rekindle and energize intimacy and your sex life
- Effectively repair when things have gone wrong
My approach is gentle, direct, and easy going. I love humor as a liberating and effective tool, especially with couples. I believe, and research has confirmed, that the most effective element of therapy is the therapeutic relationship we develop over time. I love hearing stories, your stories!, and what makes you unique as an individual and a couple. The most rewarding moments in couple's therapy are "aha" moments when partners feel deeply and intensely connected, understood, valued, and loved.
To achieve those moments, I base my work in a person centered, trauma informed, and culturally sensitive framework that effectively guides the process. After all, small changes eventually add up to huge results!
Let me help you empower you and your relationship. I am looking forward to connecting with you! Let's talk!
Life transformations, sexual issues, substance use, LGBTQI, transitioning immigrants, veterans