Provides online therapy
TeleHealth Video Mon-Friday, 8am to 6pm
an out-of-network provider, TeleHealth
Don helps individual adults and couples step away from unhelpful attitudes and behaviors of the past into the fresh possibilities of the present.
This therapy can help you:
• Learn to recover from a disagreement and make things better than before the fight.
• Learn to understand and delay request for change only until the emotion has been discharged and both people feel understood from THEIR persepctive, with each viewpoint being respected.
• Restore your lost "sense of self" in the relationship through being direct about how you really feel and listening for what is actually happening with your partner.
• Identify fixable problems and perpectual problems and how to approach each differently in a prodcutive way.
• Eliminate internal negative imaginary conversations by having real talks with your partner.
• Respect and like yourself again IN the relationship.
• Get out of marital gridlock and be friends again, on the same side.
I have completed the Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training's Level 1, Level 2 an Level 3a Practicum Training.
I grew up in Salisbury, NC, and graduated from Wake Forest University in Winston Salem, NC, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. I have lived and worked in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1982. I have a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology from John F. Kennedy University where I am a former faculty member. Also a former Associate Professor at California Institute of Integral StudiesI now practice telehealth psychotherapy and live in the Walnut Creek, CA (San Francisco Bay Area). I am an author, with my wife Jeanne, of relationship and parenting books: Raising a Son, Raising a Daughter, Raising a Teenager and Raising a Family.
Don has been married for over 34 years to his wife Jeanne, with two adult children and two young grandchildren.