Provides online therapy
Tuesday to Saturday
Service may be covered by some insurance plans.
As a gay man, do any of these sound familiar?
- “I can’t get him to tell me what’s wrong, he just shuts down and we don’t talk about it.”
- “I get so angry at him sometimes and it scares me. It scares both of us.”
- “I feel criticised all the time, like I can’t do anything right.”
- “We want different things sexually and we don’t know how to get our different needs met.”
- “I feel like we’re competing with each other, and it’s hard to be supportive when something good happens for him.”
- “We feel more like roommates than partners now.”
If any of these sounded familiar to you, you’re not alone.
My approach to relationship counselling focuses on helping partners develop practical tools to navigate their relationship while also being sensitive to the difficult topics that can arise during counselling.
To start, we’ll spend time getting to know each other, your relationship, and the areas you’d like to work on.
Some of the ways we’ll work together include:
✓ Getting a detailed history of your relationship, and each person, at the start of counselling so that counselling is efficient and targeted.
✓ Learning how to take better care of yourself, and each other, by building skills that can help you stay grounded and connected when disagreements arise.
✓ Learning how to share emotions and needs in a way that leads to feeling understood and taken care of.
✓ Negotiating the type of relationship that works best for you based on your needs and values. This includes different needs and values around intimacy, sex, and monogamy.
✓ Learning how to intentionally strengthen the friendship and intimacy in your relationship.
✓ Practicing how to communicate better so that you can get unstuck from negative patterns.
I help fellow gay men work through relationship roadblocks and develop the tools that will help them enjoy their relationships again. Visit my website today and book your free 15 minute consultation call to get started.