Daytime appointments, longer sessions and intensives are available. Second Saturdays available.
Online and in office couples therapy in Gottman Method offered with focus on building attachment out of your struggle.
Many couples have one better half who expresses feelings from a dominate logical thinking style while the other leads with feelings expression.
My focus in most couples progress is 1. interpreting both perspectives for the other to hear
2. redirecting old disaster behaviors to create new connection in your relationship with Gottman master relationship skills
3. identifying and adjust trajectory in the pattern creating tragic upheavals
4. Follow up to growskills to vibrant communication, feelings of safety, assurance of love, and new respect even in difficult interactions.
After 18 years of clinical counseling in private practice and a hospital, I appreciate working with those who are first time attenders as well.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. Where are you located?
A: Online for Ohio and Kentucky couples. Also, for those who want face to face sessions, I am locative day on the north side of Cincinnati in the offices of Liberty Center.
2. What will happen at the first session(s)? A: We spend a session as a couple, and then in solo sessions discussing life events, your marriage successes, and reasons for coming to couples therapy. Usually a level of trust is building through the first few sessions.
3. What is expected of me? A: I ask that you are ready to be honest about what is happening in your marriage. I believe in real and raw discussions for the sake of gaining connection between you and your spouse.
4. What is the expected time to see results? A: I set goals into sets of 8-10 session for recognition of progress. Of course the growth in a couple has a lot to do with effort outside of session and length of destructive patterns and individual stress level. (Research shows marriage counseling results increase after 6 months to a year of therapy.)
The next step is to email me with questions.
Broken communication of dominate logical thinking, infidelity, blended family, opposite personality.