Provides online therapy
Daytime appointments of 45 minutes to 4 hour sessions, as well as 2 day customized couples sessions.
I appreciate offering empathy, experience, knowledge, and hope for couples in conflict. Online (OH, KY) and in office couples therapy in Gottman Method offered with focus on decreasing conflict and building bridges of communication.
My focus includes:
1. Interpreting both perspectives for the other to hear
2. Redirecting old disaster behavior to create new connection with Gottman master relationship skills
3. Identifying and adjust trajectory in how each of you show up in conflict conversations.
4. Provide skills to grow vibrant communication, feelings of safety, assurance of love, and new respect in difficult interactions.
First time attenders of therapy are welcome; I'll walk you through the process.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. Where are you located?
A: Online for Ohio and Kentucky couples. Also, for those who want face to face sessions, I am located on the north side of Cincinnati in the offices of Liberty Center.
2. What will happen at the first session(s)? A: We spend a session as a couple, and then in solo sessions discussing life events, your marriage successes, and reasons for coming to couples therapy. Usually a level of trust building is integral in first sessions.
3. What happens in marathon sessions? A: A burst of therapy with clear communication for both people to understand each other and discover skills to use in daily living.
4. What is expected of me? A: You believe you are ready for honest in the happening in your marriage. You believe having skills lead to improved connection between you and your spouse. You believe growth has a lot to do with effort outside of session and length of destructive patterns and individual stress level. (Research shows marriage counseling results increase after 6 months to a year of therapy.)
I believe in learning, understanding, and adjusting in the process to meet your progress goals. Please email me with questions.
Broken communication, infidelity, blended family, opposite personality, and extreme disconnect.